Thursday, November 21, 2013

bright spots

The blah is back. It hits me this time of year. The leaves have blown away, it's dark before dinner time, and the cold won't leave my bones. Car trouble and family issues have mixed in to sweeten the pot this year. It's not all bad though. Apparently, when the trees are bare, there is less of a chance of them blowing over when tornadic winds roll through.




At least that is what the weatherman told us as we hunkered down in the basement last weekend. Spur was quite interested in the forecast.

In the midst of the blah, I breached the quarter century mark. Phew. It passed by rather uneventfully. However, I did receive a few stellar gifts. I'm not a kid anymore, but opening gifts is still a little bit magical. Tell me I'm not the only one.

First up, this bracelet. Unfortunately, it's not available anymore. Items from this shop are one of a kind! I must have child-size wrists because the smallest size is still big. But it's westerny and horsey, and I love it. The site also has some other fun and affordable jewelry!

Next, a 31 bag in a denim-like print that is so me. It has perfect pockets, and I can't wait to stuff it with snacks, layers and other essentials for adventure days.

Lastly, a beastly blender. Kb reminded me, of course, that this is the third blender we've had since we have been married. Nonetheless, I have high hopes for this guy. And I promise not to blend frozen broccoli so that should help. Thus far he has made my chunky salsa smooth and my blueberry-banana smoothie blended. Success.




We'll don snow boots and march on through the blahs with bright spots of bracelets and blended drinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...