Monday, October 21, 2013

quin-what?

It is high time I enter the quinoa world. It's not exactly my style to be on the cusp of food trends. Or any trends for that matter. Nonetheless, I've been reeled in slowly, and I finally bought me some quinoa.

Initial impressions?
1. It's expensive.
2. It smells funny.



So we're off to a bumpy start, but it appears to resemble couscous. I very much enjoy couscous. And I even found a recipe for quinoa pizza bites. I also very much enjoy pizza!

This recipe was easy to put together. I omitted the onions and added black olives and pepperoni (of the turkey variety, don't tell Kb!).



The result was interesting. I ate two pizza muffins, after slathering them in melted cheese. Perhaps, quinoa is an acquired taste? Unfortunately, It left me craving real pizza.




Kb announced that they reminded him of meatballs.

Moving on.

I went a different route and tried cheesy broccoli quinoa




Unfortunately, the results were similar to the first attempt. Blech. Maybe if I added the whole block of cheese?

I wanted it to work; I really did. But I think this is the end of our relationship, quinoa. It's not you, it's me. Honest.

2 comments:

  1. I can't get myself to like it either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you need to try this recipe. Its my favorite and healthy too!

    http://www.sarcasticcooking.com/2012/03/15/blackened-chicken-and-cilantro-lime-quinoa/

    :)

    Rachel Gowen

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...