Tuesday, July 15, 2014

indoor summer

It's summer time! Well, summer is halfway over. This summer has been unlike any other. I have spent too much time indoors, in class, and in my cubicle.

In addition, Clyder-man has been sickly. That crazy horse leaves us all baffled and shaking our heads... because he won't stop shaking his head! Unfortunately, because of his issues, he will not be going to the fair next week. This is the first year in the last eight that he won't be the grumpy horse in the box stall in the saddle club barn. 



The vet is monitoring him, and we are working on ruling things out and narrowing things down. Lately, something has broken through, decreasing the symptoms. I have loved riding him again and working on new skills. He learns quickly and is so much fun to train. Tonight, he got his butt down and almost kind of did a sliding stop!


Check out those track marks! He's getting it!

Our big adventure this summer has been house hunting, emphasis on the hunting. Apparently, selling a home is not the "in" thing to do this summer. We have toured some homes, but nothing has been quite right yet. I am very anxious to get my own place with a barn and a few acres for my horses. But patience really is a virtue, and we have no good reason to rush this. I'm focusing on enjoying the process and surviving my indoor summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...